jobs in northern Utah

  • James Allison
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2000
      Baseline Data, Inc. is seeking qualified archaeologists for field
      crew and supervisory positions on a large excavation project near
      Salt Lake City, Utah. The project should begin in early June and
      last through October. Pay will be $10.00-14.00 per hour, depending
      on experience. A per diem allowance will be provided for non-local
      workers.

      Minimum qualifications for crew positions are completion of an
      archaeological field school or equivalent experience, and the ability
      to work well with other crew members and supervisors. Applicants
      with at least a B.A. in Anthropology/Archaeology and substantial
      experience excavating prehistoric sites will receive preference. For
      advisory positions, people with an advanced degree in
      Anthropology/Archaeology and experience in the archaeology of the
      Great Basin or surrounding areas will receive preference.

      Please send a letter of interest,a resume/vitae detailing education
      and work experience, and the names of three references to:

      Personnel Director
      Baseline Data, Inc.
      1053 South State Street
      Orem, Utah 84097

      or by fax to (801) 224-8156

      I have recently expanded the Shovelbums bookstore with the following URL's

      http://books.shovelbums.org
      http://ukbooks.shovelbums.org (for UK bassed Shovelbums)
      http://rarebooks.shovelbums.org

      The first two links are self explanatory, and they are affiliated with Barnes and Noble. The third link is the real treasure for archaeologists - it allows you to search vast inventories of international rare and out of print book dealers and compare price and condition for the books they have in inventory. This is really just a great resource for researchers to have at their disposal. I do realize full and well you can very easily type in http://www.bn.com and go directly to Barnes and Noble and order there. The difference is by using these links Shovelbums can earns a whopping 5% on sales and help cover the cost and time that I put into this free service, so I do appreciate your utilizing these links for your on-line book purchases :)

      End of Job announcements