ARCHAEOLOGIST Position Open - Western US

  • Robert J. Brandon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3 10:29 AM
      From ACRA-L

      ARCHAEOLOGIST POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT

      Sagebrush Consultants, L.L.C., a Utah based CRM firm, seeks qualified
      candidates for the position of Archaeologist. Responsibilities for this
      position will include preparation of proposals and research designs, leading
      and supervision of field crews in a variety of environments, recordation of
      prehistoric and historic sites including standing structures, excavation of
      historic and prehistoric sites, analysis of survey and/or excavation
      archaeological data, preparation of technical reports and NEPA documents.
      The position requires frequent contact with a variety of clients and
      governmental agencies. The successful candidate will possess the following
      qualifications:

      > Willing to LEARN and TAKE DIRECTION

      > M.A. in anthropology or closely related field

      > At least two years of archaeological field experience at supervisory level

      > Interested in carrying out BOTH historic and prehistoric archaeological
      work

      > Experience in Western states, especially, Intermountain states (though not
      essential)

      > Good writing and verbal skills and analytical abilities

      > Demonstrated ability to work individually AND AS PART OF A TEAM

      > Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines

      > Willingness to commit to working for a multi-year period of time

      Salary is negotiable based on experience. Full benefit package includes
      vacation, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, and retirement plan. This
      is a full-time, salaried position, not an individual project assignment.
      Successful applicant must be willing to relocate to the Ogden area and will
      be expected to travel for project assignments.

      If interested, submit resume with references and letter of interest to
      Michael R. Polk, Principal Archaeologist/Owner at:

      Sagebrush Consultants, L.L.C.
      3670 Quincy Avenue, Suite 203
      Ogden, Utah 84403
      (801) 394-0013 (voice)
      (801) 394-0032 (fax)
      SAGEB@... (email)

      **NOTE: I will be attending the Society for Historic Archaeology meetings in
      Quebec City, Quebec, Canada and will be staying at the Hilton Hotel (host
      hotel) from January 4-9. To schedule a confidential interview during the
      conference, leave a message for Michael Polk at the hotel's front desk.

      ACRA-L archives: http://lists.nonprofit.net/listproc/archives/acra-l/

      Report problems to Thomas R. Wheaton <tomwheaton@...>