Re: Aquaterra's Good Yule

  • Angharad
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
      If any of you are planning on attending this feast, send in your reservations soon. We have. With only 100 seats available, it could sell out. The menu is posted on the Kingdom Calendar for this event.

      For reservations: reservations@...

      Angharad

      --- In ShireofMidhaven@yahoogroups.com, "Bryson" <brysonmcc@...> wrote:

      > Aquaterra’s Good Yule
      > The Last Hunt & Coronet Investiture
      > December 3, 2011
      > As you remark on the heat of late August and prepare for September Crown, the Barony of Aquaterra would like to turn your thoughts to December, the season for celebration in accomplishment and thankfulness another great year.
      > We would hope that as the era of leadership by Baron Wyll Hauk and Baroness Rosamund of the Misty Meadows dims and a new Coronet shall be elevated in Aquaterra, you would consider joining us in some joyous feasting and fun.
      >

      > Our theme will be a late period, Italian Renaissance affair, called the The Last Hunt for Baron Hauk. Dress and accoutrements to really bring out the ambiance encouraged.
      > Other notable activities:
      > 100 Ticket Reserved-seating Feast
      > No off-board feasting available; Court spectators welcome!
      > Aquaterra Artifact Display
      > (it is our 15th Anniversary as a Barony! Too!)
      > Coronets’ choice of entertainments
      > and fun holiday traditions appropriate to the period
      > Royal Court for the Investiture of the new Coronets of Aquaterra
      >

      > We are also planning to provide some entertainments away from Court, in the way of purposed, heated lounge tents - a gaming tent for dice and the ill repute of wagering, a quite lounge for chatting with friends, and a children's tent for the exuberant energy of the running tot or the unhappy wailers of all ages.
      >
      > We hope these spaces can provide our guests further opportunities for lots of socializing and yet be close enough to Court to congratulate you fellow and witness this historic event.
      >
      > The served feast will be done in three sendings, after the commencement of Their Excellencies last Baronial Court.
      >
      > Site/Feast Fees
      > Day Fee: $10.00
      > Age 6 & Under: Free
      > Day & Feast:
      > $20/seat if paid by Oct 17th
      > $25/seat if paid after Oct 17th
      > Family Cap: $35.00 (Day Fee guests only)
      >

      > Please check out the An Tir InfoScroll Event Calendar for preliminary menu, schedule and reservation details.
      >

      > Octavia Laodice
      > Kometessa An Tir AS XXVI, OGdS
      > Seneschal, Barony of Aquaterra

    • Mandy Rose
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
        My lord Kenneniah and I would absolutely love to attend, however we will not know if we are truly able until the day of, since our firstborn is due December 1st.  These due dates are always rather vague, however, so there is no way to know for sure when the baby will be arriving.  If the babe has arrived and we are rested up enough to be ready for some feasting, we would love to come. Conversely, if the babe is still yet to be welcomed into the world, I would like to try attending, but there is certainly a chance that we will be quite busy welcoming our little Baby Bard when the day of the Good Yule comes around.  Any suggestions on what we can do in this situation?  Would the best course of action for us be simply waiting to see and hoping that the feast does not sell out in the meantime?

        Many thanks,
        Amnara

        If any of you are planning on attending this feast, send in your reservations soon.  We have.  With only 100 seats available, it could sell out.  The menu is posted on the Kingdom Calendar for this event.

        For reservations: reservations@...

        Angharad

        --- In ShireofMidhaven@yahoogroups.com, "Bryson" <brysonmcc@...> wrote:

        > Aquaterra’s Good Yule
        > The Last Hunt & Coronet Investiture
        > December 3, 2011
        > As you remark on the heat of late August and prepare for September Crown, the Barony of Aquaterra would like to turn your thoughts to December, the season for celebration in accomplishment and thankfulness another great year.
        > We would hope that as the era of leadership by Baron Wyll Hauk and Baroness Rosamund of the Misty Meadows dims and a new Coronet shall be elevated in Aquaterra, you would consider joining us in some joyous feasting and fun.
        >

        > Our theme will be a late period, Italian Renaissance affair, called the The Last Hunt for Baron Hauk. Dress and accoutrements to really bring out the ambiance encouraged.
        > Other notable activities:
        > 100 Ticket Reserved-seating Feast
        > No off-board feasting available; Court spectators  welcome!
        > Aquaterra Artifact Display
        >     (it is our 15th Anniversary as a Barony! Too!)
        > Coronets’ choice of entertainments
        >      and fun holiday traditions appropriate to the period
        > Royal Court for the Investiture of the new Coronets of Aquaterra
        >

        > We are also planning to provide some entertainments away from Court, in the way of purposed, heated lounge tents - a gaming tent for dice and the ill repute of wagering, a quite lounge for chatting with friends, and a children's tent for the exuberant energy of the running tot or the unhappy wailers of all ages.
        >
        > We hope these spaces can provide our guests further opportunities for lots of socializing and yet be close enough to Court to congratulate you fellow and witness this historic event.
        >
        > The served feast will be done in three sendings, after the commencement of Their Excellencies last Baronial Court.
        >
        > Site/Feast Fees
        > Day Fee:                    $10.00
        > Age 6 & Under:           Free
        > Day & Feast:
        >               $20/seat if paid by Oct 17th
        >               $25/seat if paid after Oct 17th
        > Family Cap:                 $35.00 (Day Fee guests only)

        > Please check out the An Tir InfoScroll Event Calendar for preliminary menu, schedule and reservation details.
        >

        > Octavia Laodice
        > Kometessa An Tir AS XXVI, OGdS
        > Seneschal, Barony of Aquaterra

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            ShireofMidhaven-digest@yahoogroups.com
            ShireofMidhaven-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Monique & Brent Moran
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
          Greetings Mandy,

          Because Good Yule will be where Baron Hauk and Baroness Rosamund are stepping down and the new Baron and Baroness will be stepping up, I seriously doubt that there will be seats left for the feast even in november. I would be very surprised if it doesn't sell out here very shortly.

          My opinion, I could be wrong, but with just 100 seats...

          Mericke

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
            Amnara,

            I would suggest that you reserve tickets - just in case. If you can't use them, I know there will be others waiting in line to buy them from you. I really don't think that would be a problem.

            Angharad

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
              That's a fantastic idea!  Thanks so much!  :)

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 12, 2012
                Just a reminder that our neighbors, the Barony of Aquaterra, are having their annual Good Yule on December 1st. The deadline to buy feast tickets if fast approaching.

                They have many interesting competitions and activities planned for during the day. You can attend without eating at the feast, if that's your desire.

                More details can be found on the Kingdom website at:
                http://www.antir.sca.org/Upcoming/?Event_ID=3013