Highland Games

  • thewakingdragon@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
      Greetings all,

      Highland games is appproaching. I will set up a charter painting table.

      Also I will bring 2 carafes of coffee and 1 or 2 (can't remember how many I have) of hot water for tea, hot chocolate etc. I will bring some teas, but if there is anything you want in your coffee of tea you will need to bring it.

      If anyone is interested Makenzie will be competing in the Highland fling twice on saturday and once on sunday at 9:00 a.m. both days on platform 2. Then with a quick costume change she will be ready to let little kids whack her for "whack a knight"

      If you haven't been to our Highland Games, it is a must! We always have a wonderful time.

      There is a free concert on friday. It is a famous bagpiper and I can't remember his name, but I am sure Her Grace will remember for me and post his name :)

      Mericke
    • Michael FitzGeoffrey
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 5, 2011
        Regretfully, Lady Avelyn & I will not be able to attend the Highland Games after all, we are simply swamped with cleaning up from An Tir / West war, preparing for July Coronation, and a few mundane commitments to spare the time.  Please pass the tickets that were reserved for us (which we never collected) on to someone else.  Thank you.

        Sworn in fealtu unto Skeggi and Taisiia, undoubted King and Queen of An Tir, I am
        Lord Michael FitzGeoffrey, OLM
        Bardic Champion of Midhaven

      • Angharad
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 6, 2011
          We are sorry to hear that you and your lady cannot make it this weekend.

          Angharad

          --- In ShireofMidhaven@yahoogroups.com, Michael FitzGeoffrey <michaelfitzgeoffrey@...> wrote:

          > *
          > Regretfully, Lady Avelyn & I will not be able to attend the Highland Games
          > after all, we are simply swamped with cleaning up from An Tir / West war,
          > preparing for July Coronation, and a few mundane commitments to spare the
          > time. Please pass the tickets that were reserved for us (which we never
          > collected) on to someone else. Thank you.
          >
          > Sworn in fealtu unto Skeggi and Taisiia, undoubted King and Queen of An Tir,
          > I am*
          > *Lord Michael FitzGeoffrey, OLM*
          > *Bardic Champion of Midhaven*
          >

          > http://wiki.antir.sca.org/index.php?title=Michael_FitzGeoffrey

        • Angharad
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 10, 2011
            Thanks for posting the photos Tacye & Mericke!

            Thank you to everyone who came out this weekend to help tell the folks at the Highland Games about the SCA. It was a lot of fun. Everyone did a great job with the displays and with making it fun for our visitors.

            Duchess Angharad, OP