Thyme Flies An Tir

  • JDS
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2013
      Hail An Tir

      Groan ...Puns
      Yes if you have a strong breeze in the kitchen Thyme Flies.
      I am not sure whether Thymed Flies would be a period dish.
      Period food Is Yummy !!
      (not sure about thymed flies, though )
      (amazing some things they did eat that,
      We modern folk might not think of as food)

      Tis nearly the Middle of July.
      (Not the Ides, How about the Nones? Close?)

      We are having sunny days and some less sunny.

      Its Event season, Are you & your kit ready ?

      Check your calendar, car, camp, health
      and finances.

      Think Carpool & day trips too.

      have a Great Summer.

      Huzzah Their Majesties

      UlfR Blodfotur Fallgrson
      Caoimhe (Keeva) ingen Domnaille

      Huzzah Their Royal Highness
      Ieuan and Gwyneth Gower,
      Crown Prince and Crown Princess of An Tir.

      July Coronation TWO weeks

      **********************************

      I think QUARTERLY REPORTS
      Are due by August first, Beat the rush
      be the first branch to fully report.

      & I am sure seneschals dream of 100% on time reporting.

      & Hint with e mail & computers if you write a
      paragraph or two after each practice & event & etc.
      Put them together,send them in
      and woohoo your report is done.

      Nothing happening then say"No Activity"
      that is a Report & needs be done.

      Thank you

      This weekend

      12 - 14 Dragons Down XXII Shire of Fire Mountain Keep
      Has always been a fun event, lots to do, enjoy.

      12 - 14 Stranded Mermaid Shire of False Isle
      Some Day I may Go. I hear Good things about it every year.

      12 - 14 Valley War Shire of Valley Wold
      Its a war, what more do you want?

      13 Wyewood Champions 2013 Barony of Wyewood
      The FIRST Baronial Champions, Huzzah Wyewood.

      14 Peasant's Revel Barony of Madrone
      Roll a cheese & your self, Stick on a Rag.
      Wear your comfy clothes.

      Remember
      Events not published are (IIRC) Not eligible to do
      Official business like awards and officer change overs
      be nice to your crier staff & your branch.
      Be Timely.

      15 Deadline Deadline for September Crier Kingdom of An Tir
      15 Kingdom Calendar Deadline Kingdom of An Tir

      ONLY TWO WEEKS
      19 - 21 July Coronation Shire of Midhaven

      PRE REGISTRATION

      A Good Idea, Save Money, save time at gate,
      help the Stewards plan. Be Sure there is a space for
      your Trailer or RV.

      ACCEPS Listings

      Fire Mountain Keep - September Crown 2013
      Blatha an Oir - Autumn War
      Kingdom of An Tir - An Tir Kingdom Feast

      It sounds like An Tir West War
      was a great event Hope every one is Safe home.

      Where will Their Majesties Be?
      What do they Like, what do they need?

      Check Their Majesties page for Progress & Preference.
      http://www.antir.sca.org/WhosWho/ulfrandcaoimhe.php

      Award Recommendations. Lend your eyes and ears
      to their majesties (& Principality & Branch Coronets)

      http://www.antir.sca.org/recommendations.php.

      Get a bunch in the vehicle and go see
      what other groups do. Car Pool, savings
      company, safety. A Load of Fun.

      Look here for the future
      http://www.antir.sca.org/Upcoming/

      Johann's Simple No Click There it is
      calendar
      (Check sites for fuller info )

      July-2013

      12 - 14 Dragons Down XXII Shire of Fire Mountain Keep
      12 - 14 Stranded Mermaid Shire of False Isle
      12 - 14 Valley War Shire of Valley Wold
      13 Wyewood Champions 2013 Barony of Wyewood
      14 Peasant's Revel Barony of Madrone

      15 Non-event Crier Deadline Deadline for September Crier Kingdom of An Tir
      15 Non-event DRF/EIF Kingdom Calendar Deadline Kingdom of An Tir

      19 - 21 July Coronation Shire of Midhaven

      26 - 28 A Game of Thrones and Stormgods Barony of Stromgard
      26 - 28 No EIF Sergeants, Yeomen and Gallants Trials Barony of Seagirt
      26 - 28 Summer Hunt VIII (Event's Web Site) Shire of Earnrokke
      27 - 28 Sergeant's Trials Barony of Wealdsmere

      >--> >--> >--> >--> >-->
      Archers- Shoot fun & safe
      <--< <--< <--< <--< <--<

      This weekend The NEW Barony of Wye Wood will select
      its champions.

      May Those who Compete, Support and cheer Us on
      all be Blessed by the watchful eye of Bubba.

      Come have a fun day. Of Course there will
      probably be some food.
      Its Wye Wood Right?

      http://www.antir.sca.org/Upcoming/?Event_ID=3169

      September Crown & Autumn war
      August 30 - September 9Th 2013.

      .. are back to back this year
      Take (up to ) a ~10 day SCA Vacation.

      Set your tent up and stay or
      leave it up and come back.

      Pre Registration is encouraged for Both events

      http://www.antir.sca.org/Upcoming/?Event_ID=2504

      http://www.autumnwar.org/

      Seeking Teachers, marshals, heralds ( more) & You
      Contact the event crews and see what fun
      you can be part of.

      What to be a Marshal?
      There is time to work on that before
      the event , more marshals equals
      more fun for every one.

      Merchants
      Merchant Registration for Sept Crown
      and Autumn War is open!!!!

      Please understand that these are TWO SEPARATE EVENTS
      being run by TWO SEPARATE BRANCHES. There will be TWO
      merchant packets.

      You are not required to merchant at both events if you
      are unable too. We would love to have you at both though.
      :D

      Sept Crown - Shire of Fire Mountain Keep
      August 30Th - Sept. 2ND 2013
      http://www.antir.sca.org/Upcoming/?Event_ID=2504

      Autumn War - Barony of Blatha an Oir
      Sept. 3rd - Sept. 9Th 2013
      http://www.antir.sca.org/Upcoming/?Event_ID=3222

      Nix Farm
      220 Nix Road
      Chehalis, WA 98532

      Merchant fees are $1.00 per frontage foot and your
      space goes back 30 feet. Should you require a space
      that is more than 30 feet deep, it is an extra $0.50
      per foot after 30 feet.

      If you are interested, please email me at
      autumnwarmerchants@gmail(dot)com
      for merchant packets.

      Yes, it's the same email for both events.

      Best regards,
      Lianor Pereira do Valle

      Sept/Crown Autumn War 2013 Merchant Steward

      *********************************

      Johann's Little Ol' Soap Box

      Trailer Caution. (Posted to An Tir FB page)
      I understand many trailers get stolen.
      (can be sold/used as storage shed & never registered )
      So keeping an inventory (w/pictures) & securing it as
      well as possible is a good idea. Ball /tongue lock ,
      wheel lock, behind fence. It may not stop a professional
      thief ,will hopefully stop a chance/non professional thief.

      Unloading the rig
      when getting home Is a very good idea too.
      (there are many sad stories
      of People who sat down and fell asleep
      or said It will be OK till morning
      to have the car stolen from drive way )

      May Your trailer and SCA & Real life always be secure.

      A baronial trailer got stolen in Atlantia
      is what brought it to mind & people coming
      home from war soon.

      Here are the responses & Good advice.
      Edited, for full text
      & names see An Tir FB :

      Behind locked fence is a great idea! Like the wheel
      locks too!

      I have heard of at least a few folks who take off a
      wheel and put it elsewhere to avoid getting the whole
      trailer stolen. But off-loading is the best idea.

      I also know a family who keeps a public storage locker
      just to park the trailer in between events so that they
      don't have to off-load anything but the laundry and the
      cooler/food items.

      A locked garage would also help

      Also trailers do not require a license in some states
      so take off license and resell across the state line!

      I like the idea of a large piece of heraldry on the
      surfaces. Talk about making it stand out.

      Also important is to place identifying markings in less
      obvious places, photograph them, and file with your other
      important papers. Thieves don't generally check the insides
      of the trailers...

      or buy the ugliest trailer you can find that someone else
      would be ashamed of pulling behind them. ...We had a
      wonderful one that was 8x10 and we had our kingdom,
      personal, household and baronial devices painted on it.
      Our names and business name were painted on it also.
      If you put your phone number on it, or email address
      and someone sees it, they might be curious and send
      you a message to ask what you do. If your trailer is
      missing you ask the person how they got your info,
      they say off your trailer you ask WHERE did you see
      it, they'll tell you. No one even so much as touched
      ours and we lived in an area where if it was nailed
      down, the thieves would take the thing, the nail and
      whatever it was nailed to.

      Be smart & secure.

      Soap box off for now
      J F

      Cheers

      Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah

      *****************************
      AAAAAnnn TTTTTttiiiiiirrrrr !!

      ISttD
      Johann
      Fwd Guy & etc
      The words are mine.(mostly )
      This post based on what
      I have been sent, told, seen &read posted in
      various public places.
      write me privately for issues or
      coverage
      thank you ;-)
      have a nice day.

      (OK truth is I made none* of the words
      up. I just use them they were laying there looking
      lonely so I picked them up and gave them a home.
      I thought of making some words up just
      to keep us on our toes :-)

      & Spell Check usually takes away the
      words I *Did* make up, some times with amusing substitutions.

      --=--
      Please behave yourself: http://www.antir.sca.org/Lists/guide.html

      --=--
      Please behave yourself: http://www.antir.sca.org/Lists/guide.html