Another name post.

  • otakumom83
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2012
      Just wanted to say that I finally chose an SCA name. After much agonizing, I chose Elizabeth of Fernhill. A bit simple but it gives me room to further develop later when life is less hectic. Michael has been good enough to work with me on getting it registered. So..yay!

      Elizabeth of Fernhill
      mka Liz Proctor
      Family Activities Coordinator
      Shire of Midhaven

      ...What a mouthful. :D
    • Jennifer Cook

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2012
          That's great! Is it ok to ad the "Of" part to names now? Years ago I wanted to go by Tacye of Maple and i was told I wasn't able to do that because the SCA could not approve my name with the "Of" part added to it. Just curious.

          Tacye Maple

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2012
            I assume that it's ok but that's definately a question for one of our heralds. No one has said that it's not ok to me yet and the An Tir Roll of Arms lists many people with "of" in their name.

            Elizabeth of Fernhill

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2012
              I was told that the SCA used to allow it years ago but stopped sometime before 1998.

              Tacye

              I assume that it's ok but that's definately a question for one of our heralds. No one has said that it's not ok to me yet and the An Tir Roll of Arms lists many people with "of" in their name.

              http://rollofarms.antirheralds.org/search.php?data=of&type=name

              Elizabeth of Fernhill

[...]

            • Michael FitzGeoffrey