Small Drill Chuck

  • Tom Hubin
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hello,

      I need to drill a 1/16 inch diameter hole in the center of the bottom of
      a 0.573 inch diameter, 1.5 inch deep pocket.

      Is the Sherline small drill chuck skinny enough to fit in this 0.573
      inch diameter hole?

      Tom Hubin
      thubin@...
    • Ron OConnor
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
        Tom,

        The drill chuck I have on their Sensitive Drilling attachment
        measures .850

        I believe that is the small chuck.

        Ron

        --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, Tom Hubin <thubin@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I need to drill a 1/16 inch diameter hole in the center of the
        bottom of
        > a 0.573 inch diameter, 1.5 inch deep pocket.
        >
        > Is the Sherline small drill chuck skinny enough to fit in this 0.573
        > inch diameter hole?
        >
        > Tom Hubin
        > thubin@...

      • Paul W. Chamberlain
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
          I drill 1/16" holes over 1.5" deep for steam passages with "deep hole"
          or "taper length" drills:

          http://www.jlindustrial.com/ (search for "deep hole drill" or go to
          their online catalog page 50)

          Another option might be:

          http://www.micro-mark.com/ (search for Item Number: 82724 --- 8-PIECE
          EXTRA-LONG DRILL BIT SET, 1/64 INCH - 1/8 INCH)

          No affiliation with any vendors...

          Paul, Central OR

          *****