software

  • scottschermerhorn
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2007
      I'm looking for a software package that will allow me to test the
      program befor I run it on the machine. So that I can see the cuts and
      movement on the computer.
      Thanks,
      Scott
    • Dave Hylands
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2007
        Hi Scott,

        On 3/1/07, scottschermerhorn <scottschermerhorn@...> wrote:
        > I'm looking for a software package that will allow me to test the
        > program befor I run it on the machine. So that I can see the cuts and
        > movement on the computer.

        I use CutViewer Mill.
        <http://www.cutviewer.com/index.html>

        You can find a few JPG's (screen shots) and G-Code files of some parts
        I made and proofed using CutViewer Mill.
        <http://davehylands.com/Misc/G-Code/>

        You can also see some photo of the finished parts here:
        <http://davehylands.com/Robotics/Orion/Small/05-Mounts.html>

        The Linkage mount went through several revisions since the cutviewer screenshot.

        --
        Dave Hylands
        Vancouver, BC, Canada
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 29, 2007
          --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "scottschermerhorn"
          <scottschermerhorn@...> wrote:

          > I'm looking for a software package that will allow me to test the
          > program befor I run it on the machine. So that I can see the cuts and
          > movement on the computer.
          > Thanks,
          > Scott

          Scott: Try Mach3

          Don
        • Ron OConnor
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 29, 2007
            Ed,

            I'm running TurboCNC & Zeus CNC. Both run under DOS.

            I'm happy with Zeus,however I'm not using cutter compensation.

            You may want to download the demo version and see how it works for you.

            Ron

          • crawford_rick@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
              hello, I just got a sherline/denford cnc mill with out software. What type of software should I be looking for? I am a beginner. Rick