Re: [SherlineCNC] Re: Lathe Crossslide Problem

  • Andrew Mackie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2007
      GDay All,

      Thanks for the reply Alan. My apologies for the delayed response, I've been
      absent for a week or so.

      I try to keep the cross slide table central on the saddle whenever I machine
      anything and I only moved it to what I consider an extreme position when I
      initially found the problem.

      Although, your suggestion of checking for flatness will be taken into
      consideration.

      This being a relatively new machine though, I certainly hope that, that would
      not be the case. Everything I have considered so far points to the gib and I
      hope that, that is all it is.

      With some luck, I should be able to attack the problem in the next day or two
      and find out for sure just what it is.

      As I've had little response to this problem, I'm assuming that this is not a
      typical scenario with the Sherline machines.

      Regards
      Andy M