RE: [SherlineCNC] Ball screws

  • Scott Meyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2006
      Rich:

      I need more information. Not familiar with Delrin-AF.

      I assume the nut replaces the nut that Sherline provides with the mill?

      Just tap a piece of DelrinAF 1/4-20 and replace the Sherline nut?

      Guess I don't understand how that would help. Does it reduce or virtually
      eliminate backlash for CNC?

      I did find some DelrinAF on the web in rod form, not very expensive.

      Scott Meyer
      http://www.penpride.com
      http://www.onlyonecreations.com
      Creating artistic handcrafted pens of all types for special gifts,
      collectors, and corporations.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2006
        Scott,
        I did not install ball screws on my x and y axes, but I did on
        the z axis. It's something of an unusual design that you can see in
        the photos/Marv's Junk folder.

        Marv Frankel
        Los Angeles