Re: [SherlineCNC] Hello.

  • Michael Morris
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10 1:13 AM
      Hi Chris.
      I have both the cnc mill and the 17 inch lathe(not
      cnc) I love them both and as long as you do not try to
      force them to do work for which they were not designed
      they are great. i might add, they are very accurate
      Michael

      --- Chris <cvlilly@...> wrote:

      > Greetings everyone,
      >
      > This is my first post. I'm a total newbie, still
      > learning the
      > difference between a mill and lathe. Over the next
      > 6 months I am going
      > to be educating myself by reading, visiting local
      > machine shops, and
      > talking to other folks who have a similar interest.
      > I figured I would
      > go ahead and make contact with folks using the
      > machines I am interested
      > in to give you an idea of my dream.
      >
      > I'm a HAM radio operator and my ultimate goal is to
      > build very nice HAM
      > radio keys and paddles.
      >
      > When I started looking for machining equipment, I
      > had no idea these
      > desktop mills existed. Now that I know, I am very
      > excited! I have
      > learned so much just by reading the Sherline web
      > pages, and I'm sure
      > I'll learn more as a finish reading everything
      > posted there.
      >
      > I am looking forward to learning how to build my
      > dreams.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Chris Lilly

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Alan Marconett
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10 8:56 AM
        HI Chris,

        I too am a Ham, and was thinking of designing and machining my own key!

        I'm sure you'll find the Sherline mill and lathe great tools for
        pursuing your dreams!

        I think I have some notes on a California QRP key if you're interested.

        73's

        Alan KM6VV