RE: [SherlineCNC] Power supplies at CNCresource.com was Re: Brand New Sherline Mill

  • Alan Marconett
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2006
      HI Jim,

      OOPS! I picked up that you wanted to possibly upgrade your stepper driver,
      but what "little bit of metal" are you trying to hold down?

      We should be changing the subject line a little better when we wander away
      from the original topic!

      Alan KM6VV

      > LOL, lets see, I started the thread "Brand New Sherline Mill" with a
      > question about the 430 box from CNCresource, atleast think I did?
      > Now someone is talking about PIC and Code, hell I am still trying to
      > figure out how to hold down the little bit of metal on my mill and to
      > get the stepper motor to turn.
      > In all good fun, mayby we need a "Newbie CNC Sherline Group".
      >
      > Anyway, thanks for all your help. I have sent 2 emails to CNCresource
      > asking a few questions, with no reply to either. I really like the
      > looks of the box he has on the web site, but Xyolex seems to reply to
      > my dumbest question so I have to consider their support to be much
      > better.
      >
      > Just my Opinion
      >
      > Jim
      > Abbotsford, BC

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2006
        LOL that is ok Alan, I do enjoy reading about things even if I don't
        understand most of it. Now that I have the mill up and runing,,,even
        if not CNC yet, plan on starting to build the Bar Stock engine from
        plans I got from you,,then on to who knows what.

        have a great day

        > HI Jim,
        >
        > OOPS! I picked up that you wanted to possibly upgrade your
        stepper driver,
        > but what "little bit of metal" are you trying to hold down?
        >
        > We should be changing the subject line a little better when we
        wander away
        > from the original topic!
        >
        > Alan KM6VV
        >

        > > LOL, lets see, I started the thread "Brand New Sherline Mill"
        with a
        > > question about the 430 box from CNCresource, atleast think I did?
        > > Now someone is talking about PIC and Code, hell I am still
        trying to
        > > figure out how to hold down the little bit of metal on my mill
        and to
        > > get the stepper motor to turn.
        > > In all good fun, mayby we need a "Newbie CNC Sherline Group".
        > >
        > > Anyway, thanks for all your help. I have sent 2 emails to
        CNCresource
        > > asking a few questions, with no reply to either. I really like
        the
        > > looks of the box he has on the web site, but Xyolex seems to
        reply to
        > > my dumbest question so I have to consider their support to be
        much
        > > better.
        > >
        > > Just my Opinion
        > >
        > > Jim
        > > Abbotsford, BC

      • ballendo
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2006
          Jim,

          I did not see those emails. Which means did you use to send them. We
          can't respond to emails we don't see...

          You can ask me direct, and I'll get Ken on this IMMEDIATELY. Sorry
          for the inconvenience; it's a new website...

          Ballendo

          --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jneifert@...> wrote:
          >Anyway, thanks for all your help. I have sent 2 emails to
          >CNCresource asking a few questions, with no reply to either. I
          really like the looks of the box he has on the web site, but Xyolex
          seems to reply to my dumbest question so I have to consider their
          support to be much
          > better.
          >
          > Just my Opinion
          >
          > Jim
          > Abbotsford, BC

        • ballendo
          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2006
            Jim,

            I just had Ken check all the CNCresource email accounts--in case a
            filter was set improperly. Unfortunately for us, none were found
            bearing your name.

            We DID find two which have absolutely nothing to do with cnc; one
            appears to be an orderform sent by/to an industrial company, and the
            second seems to be a reply froma field sales rep(unrelated to cnc)

            We figured these were spam of some sort. (But since there WERE only
            two... perhaps something hijacked the email?

            Did you use the online contact us form? Or some other method?

            We certainly do not want anyone else to experience a problem like
            what you've just posted.
            (You have no idea how my insides feel at the thought that you may
            not be the only one who's tried to send email and not gotten a
            response!)

            We DO have emails from many folks, so the basic system IS working;
            but there's obviously a glitch somewhere. Again, sorry for the
            problem.

            Would you mind sending your questions again to
            sales@... ?

            You can be sure that we'll get them answered ASAP.

            Ballendo

            --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "ballendo" <ballendo@...> wrote:

            > Jim,
            >
            > I did not see those emails. Which means did you use to send them.
            We
            > can't respond to emails we don't see...
            >
            > You can ask me direct, and I'll get Ken on this IMMEDIATELY. Sorry
            > for the inconvenience; it's a new website...
            >
            > Ballendo
            >
            > --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jneifert@> wrote:
            > >Anyway, thanks for all your help. I have sent 2 emails to
            > >CNCresource asking a few questions, with no reply to either. I
            > really like the looks of the box he has on the web site, but
            Xyolex
            > seems to reply to my dumbest question so I have to consider their
            > support to be much
            > > better.
            > >
            > > Just my Opinion
            > >
            > > Jim
            > > Abbotsford, BC

          • ballendo
            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2006
              Jim,

              We have found and fixed a glitch in the "Contact us" form at the
              CNCresource.com website.

              Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

              Now, what were your questions?

              Ballendo