Anyone running a Sherline CNC mill in the Reno/Tahoe area? (or Sacramento)

  • kg7hh
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006
      I'm right on the edge of buying one of these, but I'd sure like to see
      one in person before I plunk down the cash. There's a free lunch in it
      for whoever is willing to let me see their Sherline machine in action

      I suppose a reasonable followup question is whether or not there's a
      Sherline CNC group in the area.

      thanks

      - ji
    • Alan Marconett
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
        Hi J,

        Ever get over to the central coast of California? We have a metal
        working club, and a few Sherline members!

        My wife and I do get up to Squaw Valley and Tahoe Vista in the summer.
        But I doubt if I would bring any metal working machines with me on
        vacation. I have been known to bring a notebook computer, 'tho.

        Alan KM6VV

        kg7hh wrote:

        >I'm right on the edge of buying one of these, but I'd sure like to see
        >one in person before I plunk down the cash. There's a free lunch in it
        >for whoever is willing to let me see their Sherline machine in action
        >
        >I suppose a reasonable followup question is whether or not there's a
        >Sherline CNC group in the area.
        >
        >thanks
        >
        > - ji

      • James Washer
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
          Thanks for writing Alan. I get over there once in a blue moon.. perhaps I'll look you up though.

          - jim
          On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:25:05 -0800
          Alan Marconett <KM6VV@...> wrote:

          > Hi J,
          >
          > Ever get over to the central coast of California? We have a metal
          > working club, and a few Sherline members!
          >
          > My wife and I do get up to Squaw Valley and Tahoe Vista in the summer.
          > But I doubt if I would bring any metal working machines with me on
          > vacation. I have been known to bring a notebook computer, 'tho.
          >
          > Alan KM6VV
          >
          > kg7hh wrote:
          >
          > >I'm right on the edge of buying one of these, but I'd sure like to see
          > >one in person before I plunk down the cash. There's a free lunch in it
          > >for whoever is willing to let me see their Sherline machine in action
          > >
          > >I suppose a reasonable followup question is whether or not there's a
          > >Sherline CNC group in the area.
          > >
          > >thanks
          > >
          > > - ji
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Lee Davis
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
            Hi,
            I live in Auburn about 20 miles north of Sacramento on I-80. I have a
            Sherline CNC Mill and CNC lathe. You are welcome to stop by. EMail me
            offline if you wish and we can try and set up a time.

            Regards
            Lee D.