RE: [SherlineCNC] New tooling plate available.

  • Pete Brown (YahooGroups)
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 2, 2005
      All

      I received the tooling plate and have installed it on my Sherline. My feeler
      gauges are in my shed, and it is *pouring* outside so I haven't checked
      flatness yet. I did put it on a granite surface plate and it looked pretty
      flat.

      It is quite a bit larger than the stock tooling plate, and is more useful
      due to the three rows of milled t-slots. It is so polished and shiny, it
      will almost be a shame to use it! ;-)

      Photos:

      http://www.irritatedVowel.com/Railroad/Workshop/HighTechToolingPlate.aspx

      Pete

      Pete Brown - Gambrills, MD (Near Annapolis)
      Visit my personal site : http://www.irritatedVowel.com
      (wallpaper, western maryland ry, .net, photography, model rr)

      _____

      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 3, 2005
        Hi Peter,

        I got mine last week, and it looks great! Nice to be able to mount the rotary
        table and tailstock WITHOUT having to use a right angle or adjustable angle
        table. It's worth it for that alone!

        Alan KM6VV

        Pete Brown (YahooGroups) wrote:
        > All
        >

        > I received the tooling plate and have installed it on my Sherline. My feeler
        > gauges are in my shed, and it is *pouring* outside so I haven't checked
        > flatness yet. I did put it on a granite surface plate and it looked pretty
        > flat.
        >

        > It is quite a bit larger than the stock tooling plate, and is more useful
        > due to the three rows of milled t-slots. It is so polished and shiny, it
        > will almost be a shame to use it! ;-)
        >

        > Photos:
        >
        > http://www.irritatedVowel.com/Railroad/Workshop/HighTechToolingPlate.aspx
        >

        > Pete

      • Pete Brown (YahooGroups)
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 3, 2005
          Are the four tapped holes off in the corner for the rotary table? I assume
          so.

          I stuck that corner off to the upper left, which is where I'd have the
          rotary table mounted when used.

          Ref: the fourth photo on this page:

          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 3, 2005
            HI Pete,

            More like lower left corner. The holes are not tapped, as you're threading into
            the rectangular block on the rotary table (the four "plugged" holes). Four SHCS
            of the proper length + 4 spacers are supplied. The spacers are needed to get
            the rotary table up to the proper level for use with the tailstock. Also needed
            to clear a Y-axis stepper motor.