Mach2 and Rapid Speed on Sherline Controller Box

  • swami_cnc
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2005
      Hello,

      Just curious. Is anyone else running the Sherline controller box with
      Mach2?

      I just read that the "factory setup" is supposed to do 20ipm. I
      haven't been able to do more than 13ipm with Mach2, and really think
      its working better at around 10ipm.

      I would love to rapid at 20ipm!

      Swami
    • David Hylander
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2005
        I had Mach2 running my mill with the Sherline driver and the most I could
        coax out of it was 15ipm. I changed over to one of the HobbyCNC chopper
        boards and now get 45ipm with no problem.

        ~david~

        http://www.hylander.com
        http://www.hylander.us