Re: [SherlineCNC] HobbyCNC motors and Sherline "Z" axis

  • Alan Marconett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2005
      Hi Andrew,

      Look like nice motors! But very similar to Sherline's.

      New From Factory Sealed Cartons!
      HOBBYCNC Brand
      #23-127-DS, 127oz-in, 3.6v, 2A, 200 S/R,
      3.6mH, Size #23, Dual Shaft, 6 wire
      $42USD each
      + $8 USA S/H for 1st, $2 S/H Each Additional

      http://www.hobbycnc.com/steppers/steppers.htm

      However, they are about the same price as Sherline's anyway. Actually,
      very similar!

      Alan KM6VV

      asdc0adsokj wrote:

      > Anyone have experience mounting HobbyCNC brand motors on Sherline 5000
      > CNC-ready?
      >
      > -Thanks
      > Andrew

    • Andrew Dubinsky
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2005
        I bought the whole kit from HobbyCNC, came with steppers, etc....All
        but case and transformer. Very good kit, but the Z axis motor shaft
        was too long by 3/8". Had to cut it down. Not a big deal, but with all
        the jiggling, I broke the motor coupling.

        I'm troubleshooting turbocnc config. right now. Should be up and
        running within a day or so.

        I'll post pics of my machine and enclosure when complete.

        Thanks to all for help and info!

        -Andrew