Re: [SherlineCNC] EMC Help

  • Victor A. Estes
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
      Thanks for the info.

      Victor
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Tom Hubin
      To: SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 6:49 PM
      Subject: Re: [SherlineCNC] EMC Help

      Victor A. Estes wrote:

      > Anyone with any ideas why I am getting "axis 0 following error" when in manual mode trying to jog the x axis in the negative direction. This just started today when I cranked the machine up. No problems like this in the past 6 months. I'm running the Metric version of Sherline's EMC program on a metric mill. I know it is software related because I ruled out the steppers or the control box being the problem by swapping cables around and by running the inch version of the software.
      >
      > any ideas
      >
      > Victor

      ****************************

      Hello Victor,

      EMC following problems are always software if you have steppers. A
      following error requires encoder feedback to detect. Steppers have no
      encoders or feedback. So EMC pretends that the stepper is a servo and
      fakes some encoder info. Pretty silly, if you ask me.

      Anyway, incorrect settings in your INI file can cause following errors.
      Also, if your computer clock is running slower then timing will be off
      and this can cause following errors. Some computers can be set for
      various speeds.

      I'm sure the EMC weenies at emc-users@... or
      emc-developers@... can make more suggestions.

      Tom Hubin