Re: [SherlineCNC] Re: Anybody Use TurboCADCAM?

  • Tom Hubin
    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 31, 2004
      Hello Alan, Neil, et al,

      My experience is with ACE.exe file dated 21 Sept 2003. Is there a newer
      version?

      Tom Hubin
      thubin@...

      ********************************

      Neil Albert wrote:

      > Tom, Alan...
      >
      > I just tried ACE again. A couple of things I tried again it still wouldn't
      > do. However, I found it could convert an arc connected to a line.
      > That in itself is useful, and I thought of one particular task on which it
      > could have saved me some time a while back.
      >
      > I downloaded Flashcut, but having tried it yet.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Neil
    • Victor A. Estes
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi All,

        I design in TurboCad Pro Ver 11 and like it very much. In my opinion it handles 3D solids very well. In fact I also use AutoCad 2000 and switch drawings back and forth between the two all of the time. So I am very pleased with TurboCad, and the price, and like TurboCad better than AutoCad.

        Once I have my design, I normally code by hand, and/or import into Flashcut and let it generate the code for me for complex shapes. I like coding by hand because it forces me to know exactly what each cut path is going to look like and how each part goes from a solid piece of metal to a finished piece.

        Once I have my code, I run it in EMC and I am very pleased with it as well.

        If you do not want to code by hand, there are shareware programs, demo programs, and programs that are very reasonably priced to generate the code for you from a .dxf file. Just do a search in the archives, many have been talked about.

        Hope this helps

        Victor A.