Re: Sherline 5000, question to experts

  • mikezcnc
    Message 1 of 59 , Jul 31, 2004
      Whith all the publicity you got, do you think there will be another
      person willing to race with their own spindle? I don't think so. Just
      make it available and have a paypal account. Mike

      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Thompson" <barebooger@c...>
      wrote:
      > I'm glad to hear you say that. I guess the final price will depend
      on the motor. CNConabudget must have found a deal.
      > They look like some kind of universal motor to me. Those things
      will put out a lot of RPMs. The drawback is the noise. Think vacuum
      cleaner!
      > I just went to the shop and glued up some wood to make the foundry
      pattern from. It will be dry tomorrow.
      > If I can find some chromemoly steel, 4140 or 4150, that is what I'd
      like to make the spindle shaft from. Or I can order some drill rod
      from Enco or some other online source.

      > Ron Thompson
      > On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy
      Space Center, USA

      > http://www.plansandprojects.com
      >
      > The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
      > to fill the world with fools.
      > --Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

      Service.

    • Tom Hubin
      Message 59 of 59 , Aug 1, 2004
        Hello Mike,

        Not sure which axis you are working with. Some are left handed thread so
        may loosen when you expect them to tighten.

        Tom Hubin
        thubin@...