Re: spindle tachometer for sherline?

  • carbuthn03
    Message 1 of 8 , May 6, 2004
      Isak,

      You may be able to use the tachometer that Mike Neal sells for model
      engines, you can look at them at www.mjnfabrication.com it is good
      to over 10000 rpm.

      Chuck

      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "mefull26" <mefull26@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Isak,
      >
      > I am using the Sherline off the shelf CNC system, so I am using
      EMC for control.

      > Mark
      >

      > --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "sisakl" <isak@h...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > > I guess that you have a CNC machine and controller.
      > > What program are you using to control the steppers/servo ?
      > > Mach2 lathe have a RPM readout feature.
      > >
      > > If you a bit into electronics you can build a simple opto-
      transistor
      > > pickup, connect it to the parrallel port, and there you have it.
      > >
      > > Isak.
      > >
      > > --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "mefull26" <mefull26@y...>
      wrote:
      > > > Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find a spindle
      RPM
      > > tachometer that
      > > > will work on the sherline lathe or mill?
      > > >
      > > > I see that its included with the sherline DRO but I really
      don't
      > > neet the rest of it.
      > > >
      > > > Mark
    • sisakl
      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2004
        Hi, Mark
        I think Mach2 is better than emc (on my opinion).
        It can produce higher pulse rates, make threades on a lathe and read
        RPM.

        You can DL a demo version from www.artofcnc.ca
        It is limited to 1000 lines and 25KHz pulse rate (which I think is
        higher than EMC).

        Isak.