Re: can I plug in the rotary to the y-axis?

  • zelcnc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2004
      thanks Alen I tried the y-axis and it worked. so I guess in need to
      change something in the emc
      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Sean,
      >
      > Does the rotary table move if plugged into the Y? Does another
      axis run
      > if plugged into the A? This will give some clues. Perhaps A axis
      is
      > not set up in EMC.
      >
      > As far as running motors, they should all be interchangeable.
      Swapping
      > things around should show what works, and what doesn't.
      >
      > Alan KM6VV
      >

      > zelcnc wrote:
      > >
      > > I was wondering if can use my rotary on the y-axis? I just
      got my
      > > rotary table from sherline. I got my 2000 cnc mill from sherline
      in
      > > october 2003 it uses sherlines emc. When I try to use the rotary
      with
      > > the a-axis none of the axis work. I can hear a slight hiss from
      all
      > > four motors but they will not move, when I unplug the a-axis the
      > > other three work. I checked the wires at the plug of the stepper
      > > motors and they are the same as the wires on the other plugs and
      the
      > > wires go into the stepper the same as the other steppers. Is
      there a
      > > reason that the power to all steppers would be reduced when the a-
      > > axis is used?
      > > If the computer is not sending the right code would it cause
      this
      > > problem?
      > > Thanks Sean

    • Alan Marconett KM6VV
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
        Hi Sean,

        If you plug a motor in, and the others stop working, you most likely
        have a mis-wired or shorted motor, or a short between windings. This
        effect is not the result of "wrong codes" to the driver. Do you have an
        ohmmeter?

        Alan KM6VV