Re: [SherlineCNC] Re: Some Questions - Software Related

  • wanliker@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 10, 2003
      In a message dated 12/10/2003 4:22:12 PM Mountain Standard Time, penitent75@... writes:
      On AutoEdit
      Did you download the turorial??  Thye simulate process only works in the editing window, see page 4 of the tutorial.
      bill
    • mail@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 10, 2003
        Thanks for picking up the link on this for me Geert.  I apologize for putting out a post and not getting back to my email in time to deal with the replies.

        Mark
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 11, 2003
          Gang,

          To begin with, thanks for all the suggestions. I've downloaded
          DeskEngrave, the MicroTech CNC simulator, AceConverter, and CutViewer Mill.

          I haven't gotten anything that I've done in Deskengrave to look right in
          any of the CNC simulators. I don't see any help file for it, so

          I did get AutoEdit to simulate my sine wave cut by inserting my code into
          their template, and adding an instruction to get the mill to cut below zero.

          I like the looks of CutViewer, but since it's a $400 program, it's kind of
          near the bottom of the priority list. Microtech CNC is a little odd,
          wanting you to go back every so often for "petrol", but the demo that comes
          with it sure is impressive.

          All for now,
          Bob