Welcome!

  • Alan Marconett KM6VV
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20 6:56 PM
      Hi to the list,

      It seems Yahoo has automatically signed up members, rather then just
      OFFERING to sign them up (as I thought I was doing)! My apologies if
      you're not interested in this new group.

      I'm hoping to get together people who want to run CNC on their Sherline
      mill or lathe.

      Currently, I run CNC on my Sherline mill, and have just ordered a
      lathe. I've been testing my own CNC controller program, STEP4. I've
      also ran TurboCNC, and MaxNC.

      I run Vector CAD/CAM, and hope to exchange files in this format (as well
      as CNC).

      My main projects (other then getting CNC on a lathe next) is designing
      and building Steam engines. I'd like to hear about ANY CNC projects.

      Hope you can participate!

      Best regards,

      Alan Marconett KM6VV
    • Eric Mack
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20 8:04 PM
        Hello Alan,

        I am also a Sherline CNC user! I have a Sherline CNC Mill w/Rotary
        Table, and a Sherline Lathe with spindle encoder for threading. My
        controller and CNC conversion was done by Bill Griffin of Grifftek.

        I use Dolphin Partmaster for my CAD/CAM, and AhHa for my CNC
        controller.

        I am still in the early stages with all of this, however, I have big
        plans. I have posted some of what I am doing on my web site.
        (http://www.ica.com/cnc)

        I am in the process of developing several end-to-end tutorials for
        CAD/CAM/CNC using Sherline equipment.

        Thanks for setting up this list.

        Eric Mack
        http://www.ica.com/cnc