8760 Controller Mod

  • ochojoe1959
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2013
      I opened the box and found some 2 pin connectors (open not shorted) for "Panic", "Reset", "Alarm" and "E-Stop". The e-stop pins were missing, Has anyone used these pin outs?

      Sherline says DB25 connector inputs pins (10,11,12,13,15 not used by the 8760)
      Has anyone used a breakout board with Sherlines controller?

    • Ed Nisley
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2013
        On 09/29/2013 11:20 PM, tbalmer007@... wrote:
        > Has anyone used a breakout board with Sherlines controller?

        If you're not fussy, you can poke a pair of holes in the case for jacks
        that connect a tool length probe and home switches:

        http://softsolder.com/2010/04/11/sherline-tool-length-probe-adding-a-jack/
        http://softsolder.com/2010/05/11/sherline-cnc-mill-adding-home-switches/

        I use both of those switches *much* more often than I expected...

        --
        Ed
        softsolder.com