Re: M6 Draw bar

  • a3sigma
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2013
      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Nicholas" <nicho.vsu@...> wrote:

      > Guys.. I need help sourcing M6 drawbar for my Sherline mill.
      >
      > I'm going to get a shop to machine the std sherline drawbar to m6, but I prefer to just buy 1.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Nicholas

      Use a length of threaded rod:

      http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-threaded-rods/=nruh4o

      the washer you have, and a nut.

      David Clark in Southern Maryland, USA
    • Nicholas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2013
        I figured as much, i've tried the 'automotive' way, they dont have it long enough.

        Thanks for the link.
        Nicholas

        --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "a3sigma" <dcclark111@...> wrote:

        > --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Nicholas" <nicho.vsu@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Guys.. I need help sourcing M6 drawbar for my Sherline mill.
        > >
        > > I'm going to get a shop to machine the std sherline drawbar to m6, but I prefer to just buy 1.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Nicholas
        > >

        > Use a length of threaded rod:
        >
        > http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-threaded-rods/=nruh4o
        >
        > the washer you have, and a nut.
        >
        > David Clark in Southern Maryland, USA

      • zbian
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2013
          I got mine from Bolt Depot ( http://www.boltdepot.com/ ). The bolt is cheap but the shipping is high (they don't ship USPS). So if you buy lot of bolts at the same time the shipping will be more acceptable.