Re: Connectors for Keling stepper driver - Threading

  • danieltbarber
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 24, 2013
      Alan,

      Thanks, the system is all shop built and the design works well enough that I have stopped working on it. The only unresolved issue is that when mounted in the same enclosure as a Gecko G540 controller and powered by the same power supply, the electrical noise can cause the RPMs to be erratic. Interestingly, I have two controllers, which are for practical purposes the same, however, only one has the problem. This could likely be corrected by adding a few strategic filtering caps, but it was easier to just power the tach from a wall-wart

      Regards,

      Dan

      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, KM6VV <KM6VV@...> wrote:

      > Sounds like a nice system Dan. Did you buy/build it?
      >
      > Alan KM6VV
    • tuscanland
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 24, 2013
        Hi to all, I'm done assembling the lathe, the only thing I'm missing is the correct preload nut for the crosslide lead screw, it should be coming in next week. I was able to test the electronics and everything seems to work ok, I posted a photo of what the lathe looks like at this point, but I'm confident that it will be completed by the end of the month, and at that point I'll post a few more.