Re: [SherlineCNC] G-Code Generation

  • Garry Foster
    Message 1 of 56 , Jul 2, 2013
      What you missing is an operating system that can actually do something. That is why there are no native answers, and I am sending this from an apple device. But I don't try and cross the ocean in a car or the desert in a boat. When you try and use a device the manufacturer doesn't allow for the tools to do the job that is what you are doing. Your same question has been asked for 10 -15 years now. I know the hardware is up to the job but for whatever reason the tools are few to use Apple devices in this field. I suspect cost enters in to this somewhere.

      Sent from Garry's iPhone

      On Jul 2, 2013, at 2:08 PM, JB <jambomac@...> wrote:

      > On Jul 2, 2013, at 12:48 PM, Garry Foster <gmfoster@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Wine
      >>
      >> Sent from Garry's iPhone
      >
      > Mac OS X native, pleaseā€¦ I'm tired of updates, patches, emulations and kludges.
      >
      > Or am I missing something?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > JB

    • Mike Bauers
      Message 56 of 56 , Jul 5, 2013
        This is getting to be a bit too much bickering.

        I'm on my 25th personal computer since 1980, and must have used over fifty versions of OS's over those years.I don't know how many different mainframes I've dealt with over the years or work computers.

        That's what colors my views. Never mind which OS or hardware I prefer to use.

        I was always able to repair, maintain, and enhance my relatives computers. I was glad I never had the like problems with my computers, even when we had very similar computers.

        One thing I've known for a long time is that Windows computers deal with a file according to the suffix or filetype that is attached to the name of the file. While Macs and Amigas went by the the embedded filetype identification you have in the first few characters of the file itself. Text handling on Windows needs an end-of-line hidden character and a carriage return hidden character at the end of each line while Amiga and Mac used just the end-of-line hidden character.

        It's a minor point. But it sure was a bit slick how the Amiga and Mac would correct PC text by removing the unneeded command code on the ends of the lines and if you were sending something to a PC. would add to the text the expected command codes.

        All I'm saying is that all computers work with minor changes between them and most any computer of a different make or OS can deal with files from another OS.

        Best to ya...
        Mike Bauers
        Milwaukee, Wi, USA