Re: [SherlineCNC] Re: feed rates?

  • Martin Dobbins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013
      Hi Ken,

      The general rule of thumb in the case of chatter is "reduce speed, increase feed", that works well on a lathe but things can be a little more complicated on a mill.  If you are sure that what you are experiencing is chatter then don't do anything to the speed, especially not in Al but do increase the feed and see if that makes a difference, only reduce speed if you cannot increase feed above 10. Your DOC seems very light (maybe you have too many zeros in there?)

      Martin