What files do I need to save (in Mach3) before I upgrade Mach3

  • kerickson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
      I remember seeing some documentation that listed what files to save before upgrading to a newer version?

      TIA,
      Ken
    • Andy M
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
        GDay kerickson,

        Ken, try the Mach CNC website, I believe it is documented there.

        --
        Regards
        Andy M

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 22, 2013
          > Posted by: "kerickson"kaerickson@... kerickson
          > Date: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:29 pm ((PDT))
          >
          > I remember seeing some documentation that listed what files to save before upgrading to a newer version?
          >
          > TIA,
          > Ken

          The short answer is none. Do not uninstall mach, just install the new
          version. It will not overwrite anything you need.

          There are two important files- your license file, Mach1lic.dat and your
          profile <something>.xml These should both be saved on a memory stick, or
          other backup.

          The advice to use the machsupport.com forum or the mach yahoo list for
          mach questions is good.