Re: GeoMagic/Alibre

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 11 , May 22, 2013
      >> Anyone here use Inventor > Vector > FlashCut? (I look forward to the day I'll have time to explore options for replacing Vector.) -Brian C. <<

      > What issues are you having with Vector? And, what version of Vector are you using? -Jerry Jankura <

      Jerry, hi,

      Vector CAD/CAM 9.6.052. I'm staying with Windows XP and have not done any version upgrading of software in some time. Everything works together, and I'm unaware that I need newer versions. (Vecto CAD/CAM 9.6.052, Photoshop 7, AutoCAD 2007, Inventor 10, FlashCut 2.1.4)

      IIRC, Vector CAD/CAM is of German origin. If so, it might explain why, imo, the manual is the worst I have ever encountered: dead ends, non sequiturs, often an inability to decipher what is meant in a certain passage, poorly indexed imo.

      The software operation is not similar to other software CAD programs with which I've worked; seems less intuitive, more primitive, imo.

      I'm not happy with the U.S. distributor. Maybe that's all I should say on that issue.

      I have Rhino 3D 3.0 (and Flamingo), but it seemed such a memory hog I didn't follow through with it. That was on a previous PC, though.

      -Brian Chapman
      Evansdale, Iowa