Re: Help - Diver Box - 8760 - Voltage set up switch.

  • jowhowho
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2013
      I noticed this contradictory statement on the 8760 page:
      "It operates on either 110 or 220 VAC power (switchable)."

      I believe this is an error, it is probably from an older version of the document that covered an older power supply, but it may be a misunderstanding about modern power supplies that are "switching power supplies", which does not mean they are switchable. "It's complicated". See:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switched-mode_power_supply

      Bottom line, pay attention to what is printed on your power supply.