Putting Liight on your Part

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 7:26 AM
      Hi, I have some Mill and Lathe Lighting Ideas at my webpage at.
      http://www.cad2gcode.com/cncprojects
      Cheers
      Bob A
    • lawrence schneider
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31 9:16 AM
        Bob,

        You raise an interesting (to me, at least) question. What
        sort of work light/work light with magnifying glass device do our members
        use? Recommend?

        Take care,

        larry

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31 3:26 PM
          I tend toward spot lighting rather than ambient lighting. The florescent lights are too bright and harsh, plus they blur the shadows. I find the light from an up close incandescent bulb with a shade to be comfortable and somehow nostalgic.

          I also have a strobe light for looking at how the chips are coming off the part.
        • Terry Wellman
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
            I like the idea of the strobe light for checking out chips. I'm going to have to try that out.

            Thanks,
            Terry Wellman