Re: [SherlineCNC] Re: looking for complete CNC package

  • Peter Homann
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 26, 2013
      Hi Pat,

      If you do plan to put a controller together, have a look at this wiring
      diagram. It shows what is involved when wiring up a Gecko G540 based
      controller. Keep in mind that the diagram is an example of a full featured
      controller and that you don't need to wire up the parts that you don't intend
      to use, say a touch probe or home switches.

      http://www.homanndesigns.com/pdfs/EN010_V8.pdf

      I also have kit of the major components needed to build your own controller as
      well.

      Cheers,

      Peter

      On 27/03/2013 4:54 AM, PatB wrote:
      > I appreciate everyone's input. It gives me more specific information that I
      > can look into. I'm pretty much mechanically/tech inclined and would
      > otherwise enjoy the 'process' of putting together a complete system by
      > myself. But I just don't have the available free time right now.
      >
      > I'm willing to spend a little more money for a turnkey system in order to
      > save time. Based on some of the information that's been provided here I just
      > may consider buying an 'almost complete' package from Sherline and then
      > supplementing with a few of the items that have been mentioned as being poor
      > choices.
      >
      > I'm sure I'll have more questions after I start to look into the various
      > products that have been recommended.
      >
      > Pat

      eStore: http://www.homanndesigns.com/store
      Web : http://www.homanndesigns.com ModIO - Modbus Interface Unit
      email : peter@... DigiSpeed - Isolated 10Vdc I/F
      Phone : +61 421 601 665 TurboTaig - Taig Mill Upgrade board