Re: looking for complete CNC package

  • scott102006
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 26, 2013
      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, Tom Wade <tom@...> wrote:

      > I'm quite happy using Linuxcnc package, aka EMC2.
      >
      > I disagree with the support issue. Once you learn to dig through the
      > Linuxcnc support docs, and reference those when you ask questions on the
      > Linuxcnc forum, you get pretty quick replies, frequently within a couple
      > or three hours.
      >
      > Tom Wade
      >

      > On 3/26/2013 1:19 AM, PatB wrote:
      > > By the way, I noticed that the Sherline system runs on Linux. Are
      > > there any
      > > Windows based software solutions?
      > >
      > > Pat

      I have my complete mill setup for sale on eBay with very little use. I run Mach3 on Windows Vista, everything is included, it's a turn key setup.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/160995686727?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
    • PatB
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 26, 2013
        I appreciate everyone's input. It gives me more specific information that I
        can look into. I'm pretty much mechanically/tech inclined and would
        otherwise enjoy the 'process' of putting together a complete system by
        myself. But I just don't have the available free time right now.

        I'm willing to spend a little more money for a turnkey system in order to
        save time. Based on some of the information that's been provided here I just
        may consider buying an 'almost complete' package from Sherline and then
        supplementing with a few of the items that have been mentioned as being poor
        choices.

        I'm sure I'll have more questions after I start to look into the various
        products that have been recommended.

        Pat

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 26, 2013
          Hi Pat,

          If you do plan to put a controller together, have a look at this wiring
          diagram. It shows what is involved when wiring up a Gecko G540 based
          controller. Keep in mind that the diagram is an example of a full featured
          controller and that you don't need to wire up the parts that you don't intend
          to use, say a touch probe or home switches.

          http://www.homanndesigns.com/pdfs/EN010_V8.pdf

          I also have kit of the major components needed to build your own controller as
          well.

          Cheers,

          Peter

          On 27/03/2013 4:54 AM, PatB wrote:
          > I appreciate everyone's input. It gives me more specific information that I
          > can look into. I'm pretty much mechanically/tech inclined and would
          > otherwise enjoy the 'process' of putting together a complete system by
          > myself. But I just don't have the available free time right now.
          >
          > I'm willing to spend a little more money for a turnkey system in order to
          > save time. Based on some of the information that's been provided here I just
          > may consider buying an 'almost complete' package from Sherline and then
          > supplementing with a few of the items that have been mentioned as being poor
          > choices.
          >
          > I'm sure I'll have more questions after I start to look into the various
          > products that have been recommended.
          >
          > Pat

          eStore: http://www.homanndesigns.com/store
          Web : http://www.homanndesigns.com ModIO - Modbus Interface Unit
          email : peter@... DigiSpeed - Isolated 10Vdc I/F
          Phone : +61 421 601 665 TurboTaig - Taig Mill Upgrade board