Re: New Moderator/Owner of the non CNC Sherline Forum

  • a3sigma
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 19, 2013
      Hello All,

      The poll is set to close automatically today, March 19. I don't know at what time that will happen, but I expect an automatic message will be generated to the group when it does.

      Since this is a poll for a new moderator, and I initiated it, it's my understanding that I must then request that the winner be appointed by responding to a message I got from Yahoo customer care when I started this process.

      It's all virgin territory to me, I don't know how long it will take Yahoo to respond and complete the action. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I know anything.

      Thanks again for your patience.

      David Clark in Southern Maryland, USA

      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "dktl609" <dktl@...> wrote:

      > I'd be very appriciative of an update on replacing the non CNC forums Moderator/Owner with the someone from the CNC forum. I recently purchased both a Sherline Lathe & Mill and have been trying to join the regular forum for months. Thanks in advance for any info/help.
      > DKTL

    • Dave Hylands
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
        Hi everyone,

        On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM, a3sigma <dcclark111@...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > The poll is set to close automatically today, March 19. I don't know at
        what time that will happen, but I expect an automatic message will be
        generated to the group when it does.

        > Since this is a poll for a new moderator, and I initiated it, it's my
        understanding that I must then request that the winner be appointed by
        responding to a message I got from Yahoo customer care when I started this
        process.

        > It's all virgin territory to me, I don't know how long it will take Yahoo
        to respond and complete the action. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I
        know anything.

        Just thought I'd say that the poll closed, and yahoo granted me moderator
        privileges (of the Sherline group), so I am now in a position to approve
        new members and moderate posts.

        --
        Dave Hylands
        Shuswap, BC, Canada

      • Dave Leuck
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
          Dave,

          Thanks much!! You've already approved my membership in the regular Sherline
          Forum.

          Thanks Again,

          DKTL

          <mailto:dcclark111%40comcast.net> > wrote:

          > Hello All,
          >
          > The poll is set to close automatically today, March 19. I don't know at
          what time that will happen, but I expect an automatic message will be
          generated to the group when it does.

          > Since this is a poll for a new moderator, and I initiated it, it's my
          understanding that I must then request that the winner be appointed by
          responding to a message I got from Yahoo customer care when I started this
          process.

          > It's all virgin territory to me, I don't know how long it will take Yahoo
          to respond and complete the action. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I
          know anything.

          Just thought I'd say that the poll closed, and yahoo granted me moderator
          privileges (of the Sherline group), so I am now in a position to approve
          new members and moderate posts.

          --
          Dave Hylands
          Shuswap, BC, Canada
          http://www.davehylands.com

        • Jack&Sylvia
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
            Congratulations Dave. I am sure the Sherline site will run like
            clockwork with you at the helm. Cheers Jack