New Moderator/Owner of the non CNC Sherline Forum

  • dktl609
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 19, 2013
      I'd be very appriciative of an update on replacing the non CNC forums Moderator/Owner with the someone from the CNC forum. I recently purchased both a Sherline Lathe & Mill and have been trying to join the regular forum for months. Thanks in advance for any info/help.
      DKTL
    • KM6VV
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 19, 2013
        Hi DKTL (?)

        Dave Hylands -- Yahoo ID dhylands_99 104 93

        Jerry Glickstein -- Yahoo ID glicker31 7 6

        Dave looks like he has it in the bag!

        Alan KM6VV

        On 3/19/2013 12:03 PM, dktl609 wrote:
        > I'd be very appriciative of an update on replacing the non CNC forums Moderator/Owner with the someone from the CNC forum. I recently purchased both a Sherline Lathe & Mill and have been trying to join the regular forum for months. Thanks in advance for any info/help.
        > DKTL

      • a3sigma
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 19, 2013
          Hello All,

          The poll is set to close automatically today, March 19. I don't know at what time that will happen, but I expect an automatic message will be generated to the group when it does.

          Since this is a poll for a new moderator, and I initiated it, it's my understanding that I must then request that the winner be appointed by responding to a message I got from Yahoo customer care when I started this process.

          It's all virgin territory to me, I don't know how long it will take Yahoo to respond and complete the action. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I know anything.

          Thanks again for your patience.

          David Clark in Southern Maryland, USA

          --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "dktl609" <dktl@...> wrote:

          > I'd be very appriciative of an update on replacing the non CNC forums Moderator/Owner with the someone from the CNC forum. I recently purchased both a Sherline Lathe & Mill and have been trying to join the regular forum for months. Thanks in advance for any info/help.
          > DKTL

        • Dave Hylands
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
            Hi everyone,

            On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM, a3sigma <dcclark111@...> wrote:

            > Hello All,
            >
            > The poll is set to close automatically today, March 19. I don't know at
            what time that will happen, but I expect an automatic message will be
            generated to the group when it does.

            > Since this is a poll for a new moderator, and I initiated it, it's my
            understanding that I must then request that the winner be appointed by
            responding to a message I got from Yahoo customer care when I started this
            process.

            > It's all virgin territory to me, I don't know how long it will take Yahoo
            to respond and complete the action. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I
            know anything.

            Just thought I'd say that the poll closed, and yahoo granted me moderator
            privileges (of the Sherline group), so I am now in a position to approve
            new members and moderate posts.

            --
            Dave Hylands
            Shuswap, BC, Canada

          • Dave Leuck
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
              Dave,

              Thanks much!! You've already approved my membership in the regular Sherline
              Forum.

              Thanks Again,

              DKTL

              <mailto:dcclark111%40comcast.net> > wrote:

              > Hello All,
              >
              > The poll is set to close automatically today, March 19. I don't know at
              what time that will happen, but I expect an automatic message will be
              generated to the group when it does.

              > Since this is a poll for a new moderator, and I initiated it, it's my
              understanding that I must then request that the winner be appointed by
              responding to a message I got from Yahoo customer care when I started this
              process.

              > It's all virgin territory to me, I don't know how long it will take Yahoo
              to respond and complete the action. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I
              know anything.

              Just thought I'd say that the poll closed, and yahoo granted me moderator
              privileges (of the Sherline group), so I am now in a position to approve
              new members and moderate posts.

              --
              Dave Hylands
              Shuswap, BC, Canada
              http://www.davehylands.com

            • Jack&Sylvia
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
                Congratulations Dave. I am sure the Sherline site will run like
                clockwork with you at the helm. Cheers Jack