Re: [SherlineCNC] g21 Metric on Sherline 2000 - feed units are?

  • Martin Dobbins
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
      Hi John,

      You could start by looking through the archives of this very list because this has been discussed before.  There is a thread begun on Friday January 13th 2006 with message number 7645 entitled "Sherline Speeds and Feeds", but there is a lot more additional material avaialble by searching or even looking through past messages.  This group has been going for 10 years so there has been a wealth of information exchnaged over that time.

      Perhaps this might also help:

      http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=4678.0

      I would also suggest you try it for yourself starting with very conservative figures as regards depth of cut and feed rate and working up from there.  I would encourage you not to begin with a small cutter such as 1 mm and to test with a cutter in the 6 to 10 mm range, small cutters require very high spindle speeds and extremely careful attention to depth of cut and feedrate there are just too many variables introduced with them for a beginner to handle.

      Check your ego at the door, we all have to begin somewhere.

      Martin