Re: New Sherline CNC group

  • S or J
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 13, 2013
      Hi Folks

      I guess Tom confused which group was in trouble, and he tried to do something about it, which was in error but admirable for motive.

      Obvious now, as Dave Hylands has confirmed, SherlineCNC is alive and well and finely moderated.

      Like many of you here, I followed the other group for many years until it went out of control. I don't read it any more.

      So despite having a manual Sherline mill, I found that manual mill or lathe users were very well served by the SherlineCNC group.

      After all, a CNC setup is largely an add on to a manual machine, and the manual portions of a CNC machine's needs still require solutions, tips, and help.

      My concern would be for the new owner of a manual Sherline machine, who on looking for a Yahoo support group, will erroneously think that the SherlineCNC group is not the one he wants.

      Meanwhile, if Sherline owners want to read many prior discussions without the hassle and excess baggage found in an archive search, they can simply read or download the appropriate files from my website.

      Life is never perfect, but we all try as best we can.

      Regards
      Steve -- in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
      Machining and Metalworking at Home
      http://www.janellestudio.com/metal/

    • KM6VV
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 13, 2013
        Yes Steve,

        I can confirm that the SherlineCNC list is alive and well! Almost 10
        years now.

        Non-CNC users are still welcome! And we would delight in discussing
        machining on either CNC'd or manual mills and lathes. What we won't
        permit is the noise that is on the other list. I hope John gets back!
        (I haven't heard back from Fred).

        Alan KM6VV
        List Owner