Orphaned machine.

  • Robert Hicks
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2012
      Thank for the responses.  Here is what I got out of them.

      If I use any stepper other than Sherline's I will have to write a new ini file or at least modify a copy of the existing one.  Darn!  Is there a way to switch between ini's or am I stuck with just one?  Like I said I am Linux challenged.

      The Sherline board and machine stinks according to one response, but that is what I am stuck with and being retired on SS I can't see that additional expense in my future.

      I will get on the CNC website suggested and quiz the heads there for info on steppers and the EMC site for system info.

      Any additional suggestion are appreciated.

    • Martin Dobbins
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2012
        You can have any number of ini files just as long as they have different names and it is not that difficult to do.

        Martin