RE: [SherlineCNC] Question about CamBam software

  • Jeffrey Birt
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2012
      Herb,

      I'm not sure if I'm the Jeff you were asking, but I suspect so.

      A1) CamBam will run on Windows and Linux

      A2) The purchase price is for one license with no additional fees or costs.
      Like most other software if there is a major version change then there will
      likely be an upgrade fee.

      A3) There are a lot of tutorials on the CamBam website that are very
      helpful, the CamBam forum is also very active and a very good place to get
      help as well.

      A4) I'm not sure I follow this questions but I'll give it a shot. Cambam
      uses a Post Processor to tailor the GCode to the type of CNC control you are
      using, i.e. mach 3, LinuxCNC, etc. You can also change things in the post
      processor file if you need to. I have always used the built in Mach3 Post
      Processor and have not really needed to mess with it. Cambam produces very
      good GCode, you really don't need to do any fiddling with it.