Re: [SherlineCNC] CAD-CAM programs

  • Martin Dobbins
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2012
      Hi Herb,

      I can't recommend it because I haven't tried it yet, but Draftsight is a free download and they claim to have versions for Windows, Mac and Linux.  It's 2D CAD only , so if you need 3D you'll need something else.  I'm pretty sure it's capable of outputting drawings in formats that most CAM software will work with.  There seem to be plenty of tutorials on Youtube and also on on their website:

      http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/overview/

      Martin