Re: [SherlineCNC] Re: OT: The regular Sherline yahoo group

  • Mike Bauers
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 17 10:14 AM
      The owner is away. I believe he is ill, but unsure about that.

      There is an active group in the list trying to have a moderator approved by Yahoo and it is not a simple task.

      Just recently the list owner was found/ contacted and is expected back soon.

      Currently potential moderators are being screened for that job.

      Soon the group will have moderators that can approve new members and do a bit of the usual policing of the posts in the group. A few members have gotten out of hand which made the list aware of the missing owner and the need for some moderators to handle approving new members.

      The owner has been so low key in the operation of the list that it wasn't until the group noticed that people were having problems joining the list and some members acted up, that it wasn't obvious that the list owner wasn't around.

      This will be fixed very soon and the added moderators will ease the problems of the owner having to do everything about the list himself.

      I have the impression that in 2-4 weeks the list will be in full operation with new members being able to join and a bit of active moderation on those few that need a bit of wrist slapping.

      Mike Bauers
      Sent from my iPhone