Re:Using Sherline CNC system to control an external relay?

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2012
      > Posted by: "brockgroth"brockgroth@... brockgroth
      > Date: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 am ((PST))
      >

      > I'll do my best to fill you in. Remember, I am new to all of this, so I am pretty much learning it on the fly.
      >
      > I just bought this lathe about a month ago from Sherline, so I am assuming I have the latest of what they are selling.

      Yes, you have the latest hardware from Sherline, but I am very sure you
      do not have the latest software for emc. I believe Sherline picked a
      package some time ago, and continue to ship that. Being a hardware
      company it would be asking a lot to expect them to keep up with all the
      latest software version changes.

      And just to throw another option on the table, there is a windows based
      cnc control package that will do everything you need. Being based on
      windows it may be easier to deal with if you are not already a linux
      users. It is fully compatible with Sherline and many Sherline owners use it.

      Mach3 for windows does cost $175, and is fully supported with a user
      mail list on yahoo and a forum at machsupport.com