Re: [SherlineCNC] configuration question

  • Tom Wade
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2012
      The Gecko has two input lines per axis.

      The direction line is taken either high or low, and generally left there
      (for the duration of a move in one direction).

      The "Step" line is then toggled. If it was low to begin with, it's taken
      high, and vice versa. When this happens, it moves the motor one step.

      Don't know exactly how Mach3 has its lines labeled, but it provides
      exactly what the Gecko is looking for. It takes the direction line to
      the appropriate state and holds it there, then toggles the other line to
      make the motor step.

      You can easily prove this. Write a short piece of Gcode to do a long X
      move at a very slow feed rate.

      For instance :

      g00 x0
      g01 x 20 f 0.001
      g01 x 0 f 0.001

      or something similar
      Now probe the pins on the DB25 with a meter or an LED, or a logic probe.

      Tom Wade