Linux EMC2 Errors

  • strtcop1
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2012
      I am running in Linux cnc on a Sherline computer operating a Sherline Mill. From the desk top, when I click on the sherline mill or lathe up comes a page that says EMC2 ERRORS.The page says ( Printing info, Basic info and Kernal message info ). I try to close out/delete the page but it won't let me. I have to shut the computer down and re start. but it still comes back. How can I remove it .. Hope I explained it better.. Ron.
    • rankinecyclce1
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2012
        You need that error message as it tells you whats wrong. Copy and paste to the linuxcnc forum for trouble shoot. The first few lines you posted is a generic portion of the error message. Details are after, and it could really be anything.

        Finally i will end by saying you should be using the latest version of linux CNC and not the one provided by sherline which I think is EMC1 not EMC2 (now called linuxCNC due to rights issues).

        EMC2>EMC1

        much.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2012
          Sorry on second read it might appear you have EMC2. Are you using the "Axis" interface?

          In any case, are you saying you cant even open the sherline EMC2 at all now because the error pops up?

          Sometimes restarting might do it, if not try re-creating a sherline profile. Lots of default sherline profiles already installed by default or you may optimize as you need to (details of EMC2 settings available from everywhere).