RE: [SherlineCNC] MDI

  • Jeffrey T. Birt
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 10, 2012
      MDI has a quirk where it does not work until you have loaded a GCode file
      (like you were going to run it) at least once. Once a file has been loaded
      then MDI will work even if you have closed the GCode file.

      Don't know why.

      Jeff Birt

      Soigeneris.com

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 10, 2012
        Thanks Jeffrey,
             I just ran it, as luck would have it after I ran a pgm. I was trying to MDI
        first come to think of it. Good to know.

        Ron Wirick

        ________________________________

        I'll try it again tonight. Nothing has been happening when I hit enter.
        Ron Wirick

        ________________________________
        Don't have the computer fired up, and don't remember the exact process.
        But you can either get there by hitting F2 or F3, or one of those in
        that area, or you can click on the appropriate space with the mouse.

        Once you're there, you can type a G-code command into the window, then
        hit enter.

        Tom Wade

        On 4/9/2012 10:45 PM, rapidron82 wrote:

        > Hey guys, How do I activate MDI?
        > Ron

      • Ronald Wirick
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10, 2012
          Thanks Tom, Got it.
          Ron Wirick

          ________________________________
          Don't have the computer fired up, and don't remember the exact process.
          But you can either get there by hitting F2 or F3, or one of those in
          that area, or you can click on the appropriate space with the mouse.

          Once you're there, you can type a G-code command into the window, then
          hit enter.

          Tom Wade

          On 4/9/2012 10:45 PM, rapidron82 wrote:

          > Hey guys, How do I activate MDI?
          > Ron

        • Tom Wade
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 10, 2012
            Good. And I learned something also.

            Tom

            On 4/10/2012 11:42 PM, Ronald Wirick wrote:

            > Thanks Tom, Got it.
            > Ron Wirick

          • Ronald Wirick
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 11, 2012
              These machines are a trip, My hat is off to especially those who have never ran
              CNCs. After 20 years of running them, I thought I knew it all. I stand
              corrected.
              Ron Wirick