Slim Vise for Sherline Mill

  • Thomas D. Dean
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2012
      I saw the Tryally slim vise and Tom Wade's version.

      What is the depth of the 'notches' at the top of the pieces to hold the
      work?

      Is 0.100 sufficient?

      Tom Dean
    • Tom Wade
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2012
        Yes, I think so. Don't remember how deep mine are, and have never known
        how deep TryAlleys are.

        I think I've made several pairs of soft jaws with even less depth to the
        "shelf".

        But remember, if you make them too shallow, it's easy to just make them
        a bit deeper.

        Tom Wade

      • alenz@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20, 2012
          --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, Tom Wade <tom@...> wrote:
          > But remember, if you make them too shallow, it's easy to just make them
          > a bit deeper.
          >
          > Tom Wade

          Words of wisdom. Lots easier to remove metal than to put it back.
          al
        • micsit1
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23, 2012
            see: sketchup file in files folder