Lazycam

  • David Lorenz
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1 11:21 AM
      I licensed my Mach 3 installation a few weeks ago and when I did I allowed
      the installer to upgrade lazycam as well. Now if I select "Load LCam" from
      Mach 3 it will load but without the G-Code from Mach! When I try to import
      it into LCam it reports "No Mach 3 found" and the same thing is reported
      when I try to load from LCam to Mach 3. I can see no workaround as LCam
      doesn't seem to load G-Code?? The same thing happens on my main PC with a
      fresh install so I doubt I'm alone here. Any Thoughts? I have read in many
      places that folks like LCam but I'm not sure if that means the free version
      or the 'PRO' I had hoped that I could at least use it to reorder chains and
      such.

      Also curious about how others measure backlash on a rotary table and read
      the other day that backlash on a rotary axis could be effectively dealt with
      in true degree mode but that it would wreak havoc in 'Wrap Mode' where an
      axis is converted from linear to radial because the linear length changes
      with each cut backlash can't compensate. Makes sense, but hadn't occurred to
      me. Again Any Thoughts??

    • Ken Condal
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1 5:57 PM
        I use Mach3 backlash compensation on X,Y and Z but have never needed it on
        the RT. I've done lots of 4th axis work and never noticed a problem.

        Just my two cents,

        Ken

        _____

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 2 4:31 AM
          > I licensed my Mach 3 installation a few weeks ago and when I did I allowed
          > the installer to upgrade lazycam as well. Now if I select "Load LCam" from
          > Mach 3 it will load but without the G-Code from Mach! When I try to import
          > it into LCam it reports "No Mach 3 found" and the same thing is reported
          > when I try to load from LCam to Mach 3. I can see no workaround as LCam
          > doesn't seem to load G-Code?? The same thing happens on my main PC with a
          > fresh install so I doubt I'm alone here. Any Thoughts? I have read in many
          > places that folks like LCam but I'm not sure if that means the free version
          > or the 'PRO' I had hoped that I could at least use it to reorder chains and
          > such.

          I think you will have much better luck getting lazycam info on the mach
          support list. There are people there tha tuse it, and Art follows it as
          well.

          I dont use it, but I have read there are license issues with it