Re: Serious backlash issue

  • Vic Dhawan
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 1, 2011
      It might be worth checking for play in the spindle head. The bearing may
      need to have it's preload nut tightened. I say this because I was having a
      similar problem with my Taig manual lathe. I had to tighten the nut a little
      to fix the problem. Before that I was tearing my hair out trying to figure
      where the movement was coming from. Hope this helps...

      Regards,
      Vic