Re: Printed Circuit Board Favrication

  • alenz@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2011
      For what it's worth, I have an older Dremel set that came with a flex shaft and handset. The handset has FAR less run-out and bearing play than the Dremel itself. The weak link is the crappy collets. I fortunately found a collet amongst my assortment that runs true and thus the handset is adequate for my hobby engraving needs. No idea if this is the norm or not for the handset.
      al

      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey T. Birt" <birt_j@...> wrote:

      > A Dremel tools makes the world's worst spindle, the run-out is horrible. You
      > would be much better off with something like a Wolfgang spindle or Bosh Colt
      > with PreciseBits collets:
    • Sonny Mounicou
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2011
        I use a wolfgang spindle on my cnc mill for pcb fabrication. I use Eagle to
        design, PCB2Gcode as the cam, and mach3 (or EMC2) as the machine control.
        Bits from precisebits (or Jeff) work very well. Some people like to
        superglue the board down to alum before cutting and then use acetone to
        remove it. I've been using a vacuum chuck setup that works very well and is
        much more convenient. Good luck!

        --Sonny